Thursday, January 10, 2013

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

The dreaded R word...RESPECT! It's a must but boy does it seem impossible to give sometimes particularly to our husbands that need it the most. Not sure why God made men that way but the scriptures are pretty clear when we read in Ephesians 5:33 “Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband." My life was changed drastically when I begin to take honoring & respecting my husband to heart. I met resistance & even faced times where I felt I like giving up. I'm so glad I didn't. There are still days that I fail but it's become so much easier seeing my man as the precious soul he is to God. May I love & respect him and may I do it well in the eyes of my Father to whom it matters. I would encourage you all to take this to heart as well. Who knows it just well may save your marriage & change your life! I know it did mine...

Go read my sweet Falen's journey about respect. She is not just witty, smart, and adorable but passionate, real, and serious about her love for her Savior. I affectionately call her my Penelope because the first time I met her was at a Coffee & Jesus meeting. She was particulary quiet which I later learned was completely out of character for her. She sat down & I noticed her Starbucks cup had Penelope written on it. I then assumed that was her name & proceeded to tell her how cool that name was. What followed was the immediate desire to be her friend! Needless to say she's become a confidant & a valued friend in my life... Go here & check out her journey to respecting her husband! I look forward to seeing how God honors her obedience. I know without a doubt that it's gonna be good!!

1 comment:

  1. Dont you make me cry at work!! Hahha. I love you Katie!! Your incredibly sweet words pierce through my heart in a big way, because you dont lie!! You are one of the wives that give my soul hope, as you have been there. Thank you for being intense in your passion for Christ and bold in your spirit. God put us together for a reason! You're stuck with me now, girl!

    Love,
    Penelope

    ReplyDelete