Wednesday, January 16, 2013

the lies of depression exposed...

I'll begin by saying I hadn't given this subject much thought. I, on occasion, get discouraged but have not suffered severely from depression. Wait, who am I kidding?! I lived many years in my early adulthood focusing on things I could not control. I often would think of the past with longing to go back if only for a moment to change things. I, many times after a fight with a loved one would think until it made me sick. I would focus on how unhappy I was to the point of you guessed it "depression". I believe one of the many reasons depression has so tight a grip on this world is the natural fleshly response to want more, envy others, or just plain ol self-pity. The typical "Woe is me" trip, why me kinda thing. What I've found I'll discuss now. I pray that it is received in love. That my hearts cry for anyone battling this would be evident...

What Depression is:
A distortion of reality
Rooted deeply in self-pity(the other spectrum of pride)
The focus on the unknown & uncontrollable
The inability to fully surrender our trust to God
The inability to see & believe the love God so lavishly pours
out on His children.
Paralyzing to all of it's recipients(you have to willingly receive it).
Completely opposite & contrary to the written Word of God.

What Depression is NOT:
an assignment on your life
a part of God's plan for His children
something you have to life with


Now let me prove everything I've just said with scripture. You see everything in life is to be viewed in light of scripture. The bible says in Hebrew 4:12 that it divides all the way to the division between soul & spirit. That's powerful & deep. We MUST read the Word & make it our reality! It will free us from any bondage including depression!
Ok, you may be thinking but HOW?! Follow me for a moment!

"The thief comes only to steal, to kill, and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it abundantly."~John 10:10
I don't know about you but I am certain that depression is NOT apart of an abundant life. No Sir, No Mam it is NOT nor will ever be!

" Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."~Philippians 4:8
This my friends is a prescription from the Chief Physician for a depression free life! If it ain't good, refuse to think or give it thought! Think on things that are good!! I remember one of my sons battling nightmares & the fear of them prior to falling asleep. We would focus on lovely things & at that age it was toys, cupcakes, Jesus and the like. Write down thoughts that are centered around the words in this scripture. I can bet if you focus on those things your countenance will rise!

For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace.~Romans 8:6
Let me type this to where it makes the most sense in reference to our topic today. Flesh in the Hebrew means human frailties, imperfections,etc. You get the point. Death means to cease to exist.
With that being said let me put Romans 8:6 in perspective. 

The mind set on our human frailties or imperfections is the extinction of my life.
Wow! Did you get that? The bible says if I choose to focus & dwell or in other words "set" my mind on my failures, life's unfairness, the woulda, coulda, shoulda's then I will indeed stop living. Honey, you don't have to be without a heart beat to stop living! You only have to focus your mind on yourself!

But let's look at the rest of this scripture...
But the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace! Praise the Lord that's what I'm talking about! 
If we focus on God, His holy Word, and His precious Son then we will really learn to live & have peace.
Isn't that incredible? That the God of all creation has provided us a way to life & to do it abundantly!

Beloved, God purposed & designed life in such an intricate way that you can go through the toughest parts & come out stronger. That you could wake up each day & rejoice! Let me leave you with this...

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.~3 John 1:2
He wishes ABOVE ALL THINGS that we prosper!


Blessings & Prayers in Him!
Katie Ramirez


No comments:

Post a Comment