Wednesday, November 14, 2012

be ever learning...ever listening

I just read The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers in two days, it was that good. I couldn't lay it down. The Lord spoke to me through this book over & over. Right down to the main character's name being "Cadi" So not a coincidence if you ask me. I've had many opportunities to read this book but I guess this was the right season. Or so I believe. Here is one of the most poignant things I read.

"Eagles fly higher in a storm...
Trees grow strong in stiff winds...
and our mountains and valley's drink of the water from the rains of heaven."

What I feel I've learned over the last few years but heard as clear as day this week when I read that sentence was this. Is God not the same God during the storm as He is in the calm? Is He not the same God on the mountain top as He is in the valley? Matter of fact I would say we are more sensitive & aware of God's presence in the darkest of times. With that being said I thank God for the valley... for the storms. What I heard dancing around in my spirit that night was this.

"Have you ever stopped to think that it was Me that allowed the storm to come? Did it ever occur to you that in order to be who I needed you to be it would require walking through the lowest of valley? You see child I knew what circumstance would develop & strengthen your loudest voice for Me."

I was speechless & moved to tears.
I've learned that we can't forsake our lives for one moment. Not the way they've turned out. Or the circumstances we are in because our heavenly Father has determined our steps before we were created. He knows us intimately and what it takes to bring us to our full purpose for Him. What He promises & we can be certain is that the ending is GOOD!


We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.  And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.~Romans 5:3-4

Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.  So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.~James 1:2-4






No comments:

Post a Comment