Sunday, October 23, 2011

the wait….

Psalm 130:3-7
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 If You, [a]LORD, should mark iniquities,
O Lord, who could stand?
4 But there is forgiveness with You,
That You may be feared.
5 I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait,
And [b]in His word do I hope.
6 My soul waits for the Lord
More than the watchmen for the morning;
Indeed, more than the watchmen for the morning.
7 O Israel, hope in the LORD;
For with the LORD there is lovingkindness,
And with Him is abundant redemption.


Psalm 130 speaks of crying out to God that He would hear the author's supplications or prayers. The words that stand out to me in the above passages are wait, hope in His word, lovingkindness and abundant redemption. Verse 7 really stood out when I read ABUNDANT REDEMPTION or overflow of deliverance. The key is in the wait. To continue to walk through whatever season of life you are in knowing that God ultimately has a plan for deliverance out of the situation. I'm immediately reminded that sometimes we must hold on or wait because it's in that time of need that you see God's hand move in your life in a way that otherwise you wouldn't have. So I'll keep waiting and in the mean time hope in the Lord for with the Lord there is indeed lovingkindness and abundant redemption. I don't know about you but I'll wait until he perfects that which concerns me!

Much Love
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment