Sunday, October 2, 2011

faith, hope, and love

"Fear looks; faith jumps. Faith never fails to obtain its object. If I leave you as I found you, I am not God's channel. I am not here to entertain you, but to get you to the place where you can laugh at the impossible."~Smith Wigglesworth I've been reading a lot about faith lately. Not simply saying I believe God but also standing firm without budging kind of faith. You know the kind that says if God said it in His word then it's mine kind of faith! I think far to often we underestimate the power of faith based out of fear. How many times have we believed God for something & we allowed what we saw in the natural to determine whether or not we believed? I want to know God so well that I boldly go to Him in prayer believing that He will answer. It's not about asking Him for a new 100,000 car or a 10,000 wardrobe, when your heart is aligned with the heavenly Father those things leave or they did for me. I still like to dress cute and have nice cars but it's no longer what drives me (no pun intended lol) I long to take everything I've learned about the limitless ability of my Savior & help others. Particularly, women, my hearts desire is to encourage others to grab hold of God in faith, trusting that He will take them to heights they've never dreamed they could go to. Walking in faith takes retraining your brain and that can only happen by reading & mediating on what the bible says is ours. If I walk through life without the word of God to tell me what's belongs to me as a daughter of the King, then I'm not fully grabbing hold of all that Jesus died on the cross to give me. Of course we will all go through various times in our life that require us to have faith or to trust/believe God to walk us through. It is through those tough times that God shows himself. I wouldn't replace the hardest times in my life because it was then that I learned intimately who God really was. That's when I discovered that He was my comforter, my strong-tower, my deliverer and so much more. It's when I became free from every lie I had ever allowed myself to believe and grabbed hold of the truths from God's word about who I was. It takes faith to blindly walk knowing that God will deliver you out of any situation you face. I encourage you all along with myself to continue walking in faith toward what God has planned for you. Own it girl, the price has already been paid! Thank you Jesus! *Always keep in mind that faith without love is not faith. God is love. Love is the base for all things, without it faith doesn't work. Operating in faith requires first operating in love. "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing." --1 Corinthians 13:1-3 Matthew 11:22-23 "Have faith in God," Jesus answered. I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself into the sea, and does no doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. In victory, Katie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment