Saturday, October 15, 2011

Come away with me…Jesus

Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.~Jeremiah 33:3 Call me different, weird, out of the ordinary but I long to hear from God. To spend time alone in worship or simple conversation. He's the best friend I've ever found. He knows absolutely everything there is to know about me and yet he still wants to love me, guide me, consume me. I'm sure there are no words to adequately describe what He has done in my life. It's like all the shame, guilt, and disgust for myself fell off. What's even crazier is all it took was persistently seeking Him. Opening up the Bible and learning more about Him. The more I understood His love for me the more I loved myself. Now I vow to serve Him, to tell others about Him. I ran across this verse in a worship song I was listening to on Pandora. Jeremiah is packed with many wonderful God-breathed scriptures but this one captures my heart & attention. The Hebrew defines call to mean cry out or call out. Which indicates to me seriousness. When we get before God & our cries are serious He hears but more than that when we become serious about encountering the Lord, He reveals secrets to us that before flew right over our heads, the keys to life in Him. Was the key hidden? No, I had failed to look for Him, He patiently waited for me. Thank God I found Him because now I have a sensitivity to His voice which causes scripture to jump off the page & into my heart. It is truly remarkable to be able to read the Word and it hit you to your core. I believe that is what this scripture is saying. That when we call, He answers and reveals great and mighty secrets to life, to blessing, to victory that without a relationship with the Lord would remain hidden. Wow! Not only does seeking God gain me love & wisdom but it reveals to me so much more. Seeking Him changes my heart which in turn changes my thoughts which changes my words which changes my life… His LOVE is so much BIGGER than you can imagine but first you must call out to GOD let HIM reveal Himself to you. His LOVE is so BIG that it commands your soul & attention. There truly is no greater call you will ever make than to call on the name of Jesus…the King of Kings and Lord of Lords…you will never get a busy signal & He will always answer. Nobody on this earth can guarantee you that, nope not one! Much love, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment