Monday, February 21, 2011

Redemption is so much better than perfection..



More often than not we let ourselves forget the grave nature of His sacrifice. We forget how treacherous it was for Him because it's easier to keep our minds off of His suffering. Some even choose to believe that maybe, just maybe it didn't happen the way they said it did. But the truth is it happened, every single bit of human torture he endured, every single bead of sweat that hit open wounds that sent burning through out his body. The cross sealed our forgiveness of sin and was the ultimate sign of obedience to God the Father…..it was ALL for YOU and it was done out of the purest form of LOVE! His sacrifice gave us a chance for redemption no matter what our past looked like. We don't have to be perfect instead we are given a chance at redemption. I always say that my passion for Christ is fueled by how His love radically diminished my self-hate or need for perfection…how His love transcended all my past failures and mistakes. He saw my heart…he saw my potential, He knew who I could be and was committed to slowly changing my heart to be more like the Savior's. This hasn't been the easiest road but without a doubt the most rewarding. Every trial I've endured He's carried me thru and my faith has grown like crazy. I'm proudly in love with my Savior. God has become more and more tangible to me and I'm exceedingly grateful for His Holy Spirit that never leaves my side. People we serve a really big God who has an unthinkably awesome future for His followers. If you read this and have never accepted Jesus Christ as Lord, from experience I would say…give Him a chance..He will bypass any & all expectations you may have. If you do, then take this time to remember your first love. Is He your first priority? Because It's completely obvious to me that we were his first priority when He died upon the cross. I'm moving forward with my Savior I'm ready for whatever wonderful, glorious future He has planned for me and I hope and pray you are too.

Katie


But God shows and clearly proves His [own] love for us by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) died for us. Romans 5:8


[That you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]! Ephesians 3:19

No comments:

Post a Comment