Saturday, February 26, 2011

early will I seek You...


Psalm 63:1 "O God, thou art my God; EARLY WILL I SEEK
THEE...." (KJV).
There is none like the one true living God. I sense His presence in the early hours of my Saturday as I type this blog entry. He is my secret place my resting grounds. His love is better than life & I am fully aware that I'm ruined for anything else. How can I express in words what following Him has done to me? There are none I suppose but I'll try. He has shown me recently that "all our righteous acts are as filthy rags"Isaiah 64:6 which tells me that there is not one thing I can physically do to earn His gift of salvation, love & forgiveness. The Word makes it clear to me what pleases Him and that is adhering and applying His commands to my life. Not that anyone ever gets that perfect but in 1 Samuel 16:7 the Lord told Samuel that He wasn't concerned with the outside appearance of a man, He was concerned with the HEART. The only way I ever lined my heart up with God was when I began to take the scripture literally. I decided that in all situations I would apply the Word. This requires obedience because as I discovered it isn't always easy to follow His commands but its worth it. It's a willingness to commit yourself to changing your way of thinking. In John 14:15 Jesus said "if you love me, you will obey what I command" The only way we learn His commands is by reading the Bible and making it apart of our everyday life. We must allow it to soak in to the depths of our being. Hebrews 4:12 says that "The the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and spirit, joints and marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." Wow! That's powerful. The word of God has the ability to change our hearts and it has changed mine. My heart desires to walk in obedience just like Jesus did. Obedience requires faith that God will do what His word says it will do. Faith pleases God & causes Him to act upon our circumstances. Romans 10:17 "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by (what?) The word of GOD" I urge you to take this journey with me dig in to the scriptures & grasp what all Jesus accomplished on the cross for you. I know without a doubt that we won't be disappointed because God is & always has been.. so faithful!

Katie

1 comment:

  1. It please me that thru my faithfulness I can please HIM and rest in HIS promises. I'm thankful Katie for ur faith journey and posting ur blog. In reading it I got this word...it's long I hope u dont mind me posting -> [1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ,to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, 3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. 10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.] this WORD fills my heart w/Love and eases mind! Blessings to You & Yours today and always :)

    ReplyDelete