Monday, April 18, 2011

the more you seek Him the more you will find Him...

Today I'm tossing around the idea of closeness with God. There seems to be days where I don't feel Him as closely as I want to. I'm quickly reminded that God doesn't move…I do! You see many times I've been told "I love God but I'm not as close to Him as I want to be" I can say with a bold confidence that I've been there too! I can also tell you that you get as much of God as you pursue..seriously. The scripture in Jeremiah 29:13 goes like this "you will seek me and find me when you search for me with all your heart" Take note that it doesn't say with some of your heart but it says search for God with ALL of your heart. You see God isn't someone who desires to be sought for blessings only, although He does indeed bless. He is to me my Redeemer, the lifter of my head, the One who loves me for me, who loves me with an everlasting love & with lovingkindness draws me unto Him (Jer. 31:3). He is whatever you need Him to be. He is the lover of your soul & He is aware of everything you are going through. Today God desires to be the One who consumes every part of your being. He longs for you to give up the fight for control over your life. Relinquish every part of your mind to Him and let Him lead you. This can be done…I promise. I speak from experience. There isn't a day that goes by that a choice does not have to be made to follow the Lord in faith or follow my flesh in worry. It truly is a battle of the mind…the scripture says that we have the mind of Christ (1 Cor. 2:16) & that even though our outer man is decaying our inner man is being renewed day by day.(2 Cor. 4:16) Being renewed is a daily choice. The Greek translation for renewed is to renew, to renovate, in the sense of change from a carnal to a Christian life, to increase in faith, hope, virtue, etc. Wow! I love the word renovate. Everyday we must renovate our minds to rid it of the sinful nature that is always waiting to rise back up. Think of it like this. There is a home that you love from the outside but there are some things on the inside that need to be renovated to make it beautiful & lovely. That's how we must consider the inside of our hearts & minds. To be all together lovely as the Lord sees us! Today I encourage you with Isaiah 55:6 " Seek the Lord while He may be found, call on him while He is near"


Your sister in Christ,

Katie


2 comments:

  1. This is so true, I have had to remind both myself and several friends lately that God never lets go, we do. I love the video at the end too.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie I love your writings...style, content and progression. I betcha Katie DID get an A+ in English! I love the video too! thank you, you are a blessing to me ! YES Sisters it is all about renewing ourselves...heart, mind, body and soul. It's letting go of our flesh and asking and letting GOD guide our spirit thru learning and applying HIS WORDs to our lives, by faith allowing HIM to speak to us and thru us and giving HIM all the glory and praise for all the many blessings that flow in our lives! We are sooo blessed by HIS love, grace and forgiveness....it's so way awesome and then some! THANKS be to GOD!

    ReplyDelete